Last Updated: August 20, 2021
At Hound Technology, Inc. d/b/a/ Honeycomb (“Honeycomb”, “we” or “us”), we are committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of information about our users. This Privacy Statement describes how we treat personal information we collect when you visit the Honeycomb website, or access and use the internet-based services offered by Honeycomb on our website honeycomb.io (such services, software and the website are collectively referred to as the “Service”). This Privacy Statement is incorporated into, and considered a part of, the Honeycomb Terms of Service, currently located at honeycomb.io/terms (the “Terms”).
By accessing and using our Service, you signify acceptance to the terms of this Privacy Statement and consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described below. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of this Privacy Statement, you should immediately discontinue access or use of our Services.
If we make changes to this Privacy Statement, these changes will be posted on our website in a timely manner. We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time, so please review it frequently. You can determine when this Privacy Statement was last revised by referring to the “Last Updated” legend at the top of this page. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will become effective upon our posting of the revised Privacy Statement on our website. Use of the Service following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Privacy Statement then in effect.
We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data (as defined below) from you when you visit our website and when you send us information or communications in connection with your use of the Service.
“Personal Data” means any data that directly or indirectly identifies you or could be used to contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” does not permit the identification of individual persons.
We receive or collect Personal Data when we operate and provide our Services, including when you install, access, or use our Services. We do not sell, lease, rent or loan your Personal Data to any third party without your prior consent.
- Account: We collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, telephone number, professional title, company name, and password when you register for an account. In addition, where applicable, we (or our third-party credit card or payment processor on our behalf) may collect Personal Data including your credit card number or account information. We process this Personal Data to comply with our legal obligations under applicable data protection laws such as the EU General Data Protection Regulations or the California Consumer Privacy Act (collectively, “Data Protection Laws”) and to fulfill our contractual obligation to you.
- Customer Support: When you contact us, we keep a record of email and chat communications to address and resolve any issues you are facing. Pursuant to the Data Protection Laws, we process this Personal Data to fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
- Services: When you use our Services, we may store, process and transmit your Personal Data and information related to it including analytics, logs, plan selections, and usage activity. Pursuant to Data Protection Laws, we process this Personal Data to fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
- Surveys: From time to time we may collect Personal Data from customers via surveys. If we conduct a survey in which you participate, we may collect additional profile information. This information is used solely to improve the content of our web pages and the quality of our service. Pursuant to Data Protection Laws, we process this Personal Data to satisfy our legitimate interests as described above.
- Device and Usage: We also collect other types of information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as operating system and version, your machine data, telemetry data, operating environment, and hardware profiles. We may collect Personal Data at other points in our website that state that Personal Data is being collected. We process such information to enhance security, monitor and verify identity or service access, combat spam or other malware or security risks. Pursuant to Data Protection Laws, we process this personal information to satisfy our legal obligations.
- Blogs/Message Board: We may collect Personal Data that you disclosed on our message boards, or blogs. Any information that you disclose in those forums becomes public information and may therefore appear in public ways, such as through search engines or other publicly available platforms. This information may be “crawled” or searched by third parties. It could also be read, collected or used by other users to send you unsolicited messages. We process such Personal Data to better understand you and the way you use and interact with our Services. In addition, we use such information to customize, measure, and improve our Services and to develop new Services. Pursuant to Data Protection Laws, we process this Personal Data to satisfy our legitimate interests as described above.
- Cookies: We also use “cookies” and various other tracking technologies (e.g., cookies, beacons and pixels) to store, operate and provide our Services. We use these tools to ensure that you receive a personalized experience, and to keep your account safe. Pursuant to Data Protection Laws, we process such Personal Data to satisfy our legitimate interests as described above. As required by law, we will ask for your consent. Please refer to the “Cookies” section below for more information.
We may receive Personal Data about you from companies that provide services (such as payment processing services) in connection with the Service (collectively, “Partner Companies”). Our Partner Companies may supply us with Personal Data, such as your name and e-mail and mailing address information, to help us establish the account or fulfill orders. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our website to perform and improve the Service. Pursuant to Data Protection Laws, we process such Personal Data to satisfy our legitimate interests as described above.
This Privacy Statement applies only to the use and disclosure of Personal Data that we collect while you use the Service. Our providing a link to any other website or location is for your convenience and does not signify our endorsement of such other website or location or its contents. Your use of these third-party services is subject to the terms for these third-party services.
Our primary purpose in collecting Personal Data is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and personalized experience on the Service. In general, we use your Personal Data to create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our Service. Examples of how we may use your Personal Data include:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- to provide you the Service;
- to improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Service and the administration of the Service;
- to send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your account was created;
- to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and
- to send upgrades and special offers related to the Service, should you request to receive such communications from us.
We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that render the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to (i) monitor and analyze use of the Service and for the technical administration of the Service, (ii) analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance and improve the content and functionality of the Service, (iii) generate and derive useful data and information concerning the interests, characteristics and website use behavior of our users, and (iv) verify that users of the Service meet the criteria required to process their requests. We reserve the right to use for other purposes and to disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our discretion.
If you provide feedback on the Service, we may use such feedback for any purpose, provided we will not associate such feedback with your Personal Data. We will collect any information contained in such communication and will treat the Personal Data in such communication in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We may share your Personal Data with Partner Companies to provide specific Service or technical support, such as payment processing, maintenance services or support communication. Partner Companies will have access to your Personal Data only to perform these services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Although we currently do not have a parent company, any subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under a common control (collectively, “Related Entities”), we may in the future. We may share some or all of your Personal Data with these Related Entities, in which case we will require our Related Entities to honor this Privacy Statement. If another company acquires our company or our assets, that company will possess the Personal Data collected by it and us, and we will use our best efforts to ensure that such other company will assume the rights and obligations regarding your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Statement as and to the extent required by applicable law.
We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to: (1) comply with a legal requirement or process, including, but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures; (2) enforce this Privacy Statement or the Terms; (3) respond to claims of a violation of the rights of third parties; (4) respond to user comments or Service inquiries; (5) protect the our rights, property, or safety and the rights, property and safety of the Service, our users or the public; or (6) prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable. However, Honeycomb will endeavor only to disclose information requested via a valid legal process, and will endeavor to notify any user about whom we have disclosed information if possible.
Except as otherwise stated in this policy, we do not generally sell, trade, share, or rent the Personal Data collected from the Service to third parties. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data as described in this policy.
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of physical and electronic industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
You also play a vital role in protecting your own personal information. For example, we require you to enter a password to access the Service your account information. When registering with our Service, it is important to choose a password of sufficient length and complexity, to not reveal this password to any unauthorized parties, and to immediately notify us if you become aware of any unauthorized access to or use of your account. Despite these measures, you should know that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Data and mistakes and security breaches may happen.
Furthermore, we cannot ensure or warrant the security or confidentiality of information you transmit to us or receive from us by Internet or wireless connection, including email, phone, or SMS, since we have no way of protecting that information once it leaves and until it reaches us. If you have reason to believe that your data is no longer secure, please contact us at the email address, mailing address or telephone number listed at the end of this Privacy Statement.
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
You are entitled to review, correct, or amend your personal information, or to delete that information where it is inaccurate. At any time, you may access and change any of your Personal Data in your account by editing your profile within the account management portion of our website or by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com. You may request deletion of your account information by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete account information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. You may revoke your consent as related to our use and collection of specific Personal Data by contacting us at [support or firstname.lastname@example.org]. We will process such request in accordance with applicable Data Protection Law.
We may periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of the Service and may contain advertisements for third parties. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below). Should you decide to opt-out of receiving future mailings, we may share your e-mail address with third parties to ensure that you do not receive further communications from third parties. Despite your indicated e-mail preferences, we may send you notice of any updates to the Terms or this Privacy Statement.
EEA Residents should refer to the International Users section for more information regarding their rights in relation to their Personal Data under the applicable Data Protection Laws.
We store your Personal Data securely throughout the life of your account with us. We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting obligations or to resolve disputes. The criteria we use to determine storage periods include the applicable contractual provisions that are in force, legal statutory limitation periods, applicable regulatory requirements and industry standards.
While retention requirements vary by jurisdiction, information about our typical retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are described below.
- Contact information for marketing purposes is retained on an ongoing basis until you un-subscribe. Thereafter we will add your details to our suppression list indefinitely.
- Records of communications with you may be kept indefinitely.
- Information collected via technical means such as cookies, webpage counters and other analytics tools is kept for a period of up to one year from expiry of the cookie.
We use session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) to help identify that you have logged into the Service, to tell us how and when you interact with the Service and to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience while using the Service. We also utilize persistent cookies to make it easier to log into and use the Service. Persistent cookies remain on computers after the web browser is closed or the computer is turned off.
Cookies set by us are called “first party cookies,” while cookies set by others are called “third party cookies.” A third-party cookie can recognize your device both when it visits our Services and when it visits certain other websites or mobile apps. We do not control how third-party cookies are used, so you should check the website of a third-party cookie provider for more information about how they are used. Both first party and third-party cookies can serve many functions, such as analytics, marketing and advertising.
We do not track or respond to browser “Do Not Track” requests.
Type of Cookie
|Authentication Cookies||These cookies (including local storage and similar technologies) tell us when you are logged in, so we can customize your experience and connect your account information and settings.|
Depending on whether you would like to manage a first-party or third-party cookie, you will need to take the following steps:
- Our Cookies (first party cookies): You can use the browser that you are using to view this website to enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). If you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the Services and other parts of the Services may also not work properly.
Many browser manufacturers provide helpful information about cookie management, including, but not limited to:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
You can also find out more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Third Party Cookies: Cookies that are placed on your browsing device by a third party can be managed through your browser (as described above) or by checking the third party’s website for more information about cookie management and how to “opt-out” of receiving cookies from them
Our clients who are California residents may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, certain information about the Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of Personal Data that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. We don’t sell your Personal Data without your consent. You may contact us to stop any sales of your Personal Data (in the event we do) or to revoke your consent concerning our use and collection of your Personal Data. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to email@example.com.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Service or send any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Information for Users Outside of the U.S., EEA, and the United Kingdom – Transfer of Data
WE PRIMARILY STORE DATA ABOUT YOU, INCLUDING PERSONAL DATA, ON SERVERS LOCATED AND OPERATED WITHIN THE UNITED STATES. IF YOU RESIDE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, TO PROVIDE AND OPERATE THE SERVICE, WE MAY SEND AND STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF THE COUNTRY WHERE YOU RESIDE OR ARE LOCATED, TO THE UNITED STATES. THEREFORE, OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS SUBJECT TO THE UNITED STATES’ LAWS RELATED TO PRIVACY AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION. THESE LAWS, INCLUDING WHAT IS DETERMINED TO BE “PERSONAL DATA AND/OR INFORMATION,” ARE DIFFERENT AND MAY BE LESS PROTECTIVE THAN THOSE APPLICABLE TO YOU IN YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE.
BY ACCEPTING THE TERMS OF THIS Privacy Statement, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, AGREE AND CONSENT TO (1) THE TRANSFER TO AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA ON SERVERS LOCATED OUTSIDE OF THE COUNTRY WHERE YOU RESIDE, (2) OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AS DESCRIBED HEREIN AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES THAT MAY BE DIFFERENT AND MAY BE LESS PROTECTIVE THAN THOSE IN YOUR COUNTRY AND (3) THAT YOU ARE TAKING A RISK BY USING THE SERVICE. IF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS TRANSFERRED FROM THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA TO HONEYCOMB LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES, YOU AGREE THAT HONEYCOMB MAY TRANSFER THE DATA UNDER TRANSFER MECHANISMS SUCH AS PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK, STANDARD CONTRACTUAL CLAUSES, BINDING CORPORATE RULES, AND OTHER CERTIFICATION INSTRUMENTS, RECOGNIZED AND APPROVED BY THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION FROM TIME TO TIME.
Honeycomb complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States. Honeycomb has certified to the U.S. Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. If there is any conflict between the terms in this privacy statement and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/
Honeycomb is responsible for processing personal data it receives under the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Honeycomb complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EEA or the United Kingdom, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Honeycomb commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your Personal Data. If European Union citizens have any queries related to the processing of your Personal Data under the Privacy Shield framework, we encourage you to contact us directly in the first instance at: privacy@Honeycomb.io or Honeycomb Privacy, 944 Market St., 6th floor, San Francisco, CA 941025.
Honeycomb has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning data transferred from the EU. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not resolved your complaint, please contact or visit https://edps.europa.eu/data-protection/our-role-supervisor/complaints_en for more information or to file a complaint. The services above are provided at no cost to you. You may have the option to select binding arbitration under the Privacy Shield Panel for the resolution of your complaint under certain circumstances. For further information, please see the Privacy Shield website.
While Honeycomb no longer relies on either Privacy Shield Framework as a lawful transfer mechanism, with respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Honeycomb is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
The parties hereby incorporate the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) pursuant to Commission Decision (2010/87/EU) as a data transfer mechanism. If you are a business customer and wish to enter into a data processing agreement and SCCs with us, then please request those documents by contacting us at email@example.com.
This section only applies to individuals residing in a Designated Country.
- Legal Bases for Processing Personal Data: We may process your Personal Data if you consent to the processing, to satisfy our legal obligations, if it is necessary to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we entered with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you, or for legitimate interests, such as improving our Services, monitoring trends and developing new products.
- Direct Marketing: If you are residing in a Designated Country and a current customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about our Services that are similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer and located in the EEA we will contact you by electronic means for marketing purposes only if you have consented to such communication. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by using the unsubscribe options in the email marketing communications sent by us.
- Individual Rights: If you are residing in a Designated Country when your Personal Data is collected, you have the following rights, which can be exercised by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may consider your request under applicable law.
You have the right to request access to your Personal Data. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. You can also access and change any Personal Data we store through your account page. You have the right to request the correction of any Personal Data we hold about you, and to request erasure of your Personal Data.
You have the right to object to your Personal Data being processed by us where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). Where your Personal Data is processed on the basis of your consent, you have a right to withdraw your consent at any time by notifying us, but this will not affect the lawfulness of processing by us based on consent given by you before the time consent has been withdrawn.
You have the right to request that we suspend the processing of Personal Data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. If you do ask us to delete or stop processing your Personal Data, we will not always be required to do so. If this is the case, we will explain why.
You also have the right to request the transfer of your Personal Data to another controller. This right only applies in certain circumstances. Where it does not apply, we will explain why.
If you reside in a Designated Country, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a national data protection supervisory authority in your country of residence. You can find your supervisory authority name and contact details under
The rights described above may be limited by local laws. Further, your right of access and deletion is not absolute and may not be available if fulfilment of such right would, among other things:
- cause interference with execution and enforcement of the law and legal private rights (such as in the case of the investigation or detection of offences and legal claims or the right to a fair trial);
- breach or prejudice the rights of confidentiality and security of others;
- prejudice security or grievance investigations, corporate re-organizations, future and ongoing negotiations with third parties, the compliance with regulatory requirements relating to economic and financial management; or
- where the burden or cost of providing access would be disproportionate or the interest of others would otherwise be violated.
We welcome your comments or questions regarding this Privacy Statement. Feel free to e-mail comments or questions to us at email@example.com or you can write us at 548 Market Street #25362, San Francisco, CA 94104-54013.