Honeycomb is hiring
We are an early stage startup in San Francisco. We want to change observability for complex systems, democratize data-driven debugging, and liberate teams from the tyranny of monitoring and alerting. We believe in consumer-quality developer tools. We are opinionated.
We’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We hire adults. We welcome nontraditional candidates, people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work. If we are doing a poor job of this at any time, please let us know.
We want you to join us! You’ll get:
- Competitive compensation and stock options – shared success is core to our mission
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental coverage
- Team lunch and a fully stocked kitchen
- A shiny mac and the other productivity accessories you need
- Flexible Paid Time Off – we care most about results, not face time
- Exposure at the highest levels of our leadership and a huge opportunity for internal growth at the company
Currently hiring for:
Director of Product Marketing
As part of the marketing team you will work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, and sales with the goal of driving awareness and demand for Honeycomb. You will become knowledgeable about the market landscape as well as customer requirements and balance that with deep knowledge of Honeycomb’s tool, use-cases, differences, value drivers, and future capabilities.
Specific tasks include:
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers: who are they, how they buy, and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with other teams to organically adjust positioning and messaging to resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Understand the buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when, and why behind the decisions they make.
- Develop a plan in conjunction with the marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing demand gen programs and report back on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new features and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support sales including external partners, develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Produce a variety of content assets including collateral, ebooks, web content, landing pages for campaigns, blogs, podcasts, and slides.
- Work closely with our developer evangelist to provide market feedback and assist with content creation.
- Collaborate with third party contractors and agencies including web developer, demand generation, SEO/SEM, and creative.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Proficient in applications such as Microsoft Office, Asana, Google Apps.
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as HubSpot and Google Analytics.
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties. Team player
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
- Pragmatic Marketing Certified (PMC) III or higher preferred
- Ideally knowledgeable in the Honeycomb market landscape or come from log management, metrics and monitoring, or APM.
To apply, please send your resume and an introduction to email@example.com