Anchor post at the top of this week’s long series of “vision” posts, so everything doesn’t just appear backwards. 🙂
This week we set forth the case for why Honeycomb is the future. We’ve seen the future, we’ve built massive cotenancy platforms, we’ve now built the observability product we never ever want to live without again as users.
And we want to be the first thing you think of when you’re yanking your infra into the future, too. Or when you have tough problems with your visibility into your databases and storage tiers, or unexplained behavior to debug, or you just really want to make it easier for your teams to collaborate and gain more systems-y skills.
In order, here are links to the posts:
Five ways this matters.
In the next five (short!) posts I will lay out what is unique about Honeycomb, the problems it solves, and the tradeoffs we’ve had to make to fulfill our promises. Those five sections are:
- Preface: Observability, Unknown-Unknowns, and the Future of Doom
- Part 1: Get used to asking better questions.
- Part 2: Dear software engineers … (time to get better at ops!)
- Part 3: Dear operations engineers … (time to get better at empowering others)
- Part 4: Everyone is now a DBA sometimes (and we can help you be a great one)
- Part 5: Building badass engineers and badass teams (our fundamental mission)
Cheers. We look forward to seeing your data flow. 🙂